Join our Team
Nonprofit Consulting Intern
DSA is looking for a creative individual able to handle a variety of diverse tasks pertaining to fundraising including knowledge of social media platforms. This is a terrific internship opportunity for someone interested in nonprofit, communications, PR or digital media strategy to gain experience in fundraising and learn social media best practices while interning part-time, 2 to 3 days a week.
The DSA Intern will be largely responsible for database management and will contribute to development of creative fundraising materials for newsletters, annual appeals, capital campaigns, and more. S/he will also create and schedule innovative and exciting content for several of our clients and monitor social media platforms for trends. While the aforementioned tasks may be the primary focus of this internship, the intern may be additionally asked to do some or all of the following: grant research, writing and editing; grant submission; correspondence; communicate with funders; and other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will:
- be excited to learn about the nonprofit industry and consulting;
- have expertise using social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin and Hootsuite;
- have excellent writing and editing skills to enable the best presentation of information;
- be creative, but able to maintain a consistent voice across various platforms;
- have had past experience branding organizations consistently across multiple social media platforms; (not mandatory)
- be responsible and able to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- be a team player, able to work in fun and fast environment with a staff that is dedicated to their clients and their respective work in our community;
- be a self-starter, interested in growing with DSA, through a willingness and desire to learn new skills and adapt to the needs of our clients.